Policy lead: Dave Street (Caerphilly)
Commissioning is critical, as it allows the NHS and local government to think and plan together about the services that we want to be in place over the next 10 years, services that will make it clear that we believe that people, with the right kind of support, can make wise choices about their lives. Evidence already shows that third sector agencies make a real contribution in the areas of early intervention and prevention and jointly commissioning those services will be more cost-effective and have greater impact.
- Delivering clear outcomes embedded into service design and service specifications
- Developing models of service that deliver agreed outcomes
- Developing preventative models that promote independence and reduce need for higher level services wherever possible
- Implementing a sustainable infrastructure for regional commissioning and delivery of specific services
- Ensuring opportunities for collaboration are acted upon and agreed boundaries make functional and financial sense