Our vision is to be the professional and strategic leadership organisation for social services in Wales.
Our mission is to promote independence and to protect vulnerable people.
We want to:
- make a positive different to people’s lives
- give citizens real control and a stronger voice
- help users and carers to maintain their independence by focusing on preventative services
- build on people’s strengths and the strengths of those around them, particularly in relation to safeguarding and personal responsibility.
Our objectives are to:
- work with all partners leading on the transformation of social services in Wales
- ensure the provision of modern, accessible and responsive services, which are delivered flexibly, consistently and sustainably across organisational boundaries
- champion and drive the implementation of ADSS Cymru priorities
- shape and influence public policy development across Wales
- provide strong leadership for the social services workforce
- ensure social services has a strong voice within the corporate centre of local government
- work with all partners to ensure excellent public service across Wales
- develop and strengthen relationships between commissioners and providers of social services in Wales
- promote and enhance public understanding of social services and the positive role it plays by engaging with the media.